Gwyneth Paltrow was all arms at the 2012 Grammy Awards in Los Angeles on Feb. 12. Looking even more defined than we remember her, the 39-year-old's sleeveless Stella McCartney gown showed off her shapely shoulders and strong arms. Paltrow is no stranger to working hard to look good: she and celeb trainer Tracy Anderson put a lot of time toward her fitness regimen. See some of the arm exercises they do together to achieve such award-worthy arms below, then click here for even more!
GWYNETH'S SEXY ARM SCULPTOR
A lot of Gwyneth's arm work includes resistance training without weights like this arm series that Tracy developed for her. The movements are very fluid and generally involve a lot of repetitions. Here's an example that Tracy shared with Self:
- Stand with legs together, elbows bent and hands touching at fingertips.
- Bend left elbow, reaching toward center of back, and extend right arm overhead, palm forward. Return to start for one rep. Switch sides and repeat.
- Do two sets of 20 reps.
Triceps kickbacks are a classic strength-training exercise focusing on the back of the upper arm.
- Hold a three-pound dumbbell in each hand. Lean your torso forward slightly, keeping your spine straight, and bend both elbows back behind you as high as you can.
- Keeping your elbows in that position, straighten your right arm back with the bottom of your fist pointing up.
- With control, bend your right elbow and bring the weight back in toward your shoulder. Do this 15 times.
- Without taking a break, do 12 to 15 reps on the left side.
- Work on shoulders and triceps with this move from Tracy.
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, holding a three-pound dumbbell in each hand.
- Bend your left elbow and bring it to your hip.
- Without twisting your body, bend your torso over to the right and extend the left arm overhead, keeping shoulder down. Lower elbow to hip.
More Stories From FitSugar: